Found this on Time.com website and wanted to share it with you all. I will be writing about each of these issues in separate posts with my personal experience or opinion and we can discuss them in our comments section. Meanwhile, read these 10 items and let me know what you think! 🙂
- Talking back is a good thing. It can make your kid smarter.
- Never spanking can be worse for children than spanking them.
- Peer pressure is more often a good thing.
- You have no idea what’s going on in your kid’s head most of the time.
- Reading to your kids? You’re probably doing it wrong.
- Your child is right that more homework is probably a waste of time.
- There is no need to feel guilty about bribing your kid for eating their vegetables.
- That “Baby Einstein” stuff is a waste of time.
- Lying is a good sign. The earlier they do it, the smarter they are. Problem is you likely have no idea when your kid is lying to you.
- Proud that your kid acts fearless? Start saving bail money.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.