Buying Diapers for the baby may seem like either a very easy task (just go to the store and pick the one you like most!) or a daunting one (so many choices… what’s best for my baby?!).
I had a really tough time trying to understand the different types of diapers available, especially within the same brand. Questions like – “are Pampers Cruisers the same as Pampers Swaddlers?”, “At what age do I start putting on the Huggies Snug and Dry?” made it even more confusing.
See my other post for info on what the different names of Pampers Diapers mean and when you should use them.
- Column A – STORE — Enter the name of the Website or Store
- Column B – DESCRIPTION — Enter the name of the product as it appears on the website.
- Column C – WEBSITE — Enter the URL or web address of the product.
- Column D – COUPON CODE — Enter any Coupon Codes here if you do not want to go back and search for them again when it is time to buy.
- Column E – NOTES — Enter any notes here.
- Column F – PRICE* — Enter the price mentioned (without tax). If it is a pack of 2 boxes of diapers, enter the price of 1 box.
- Column G – COUNT* — Enter the number of diapers in the box/package. If it is a pack of 2 boxes of diapers, enter the count in 1 box.
- Column H – DISCOUNT — Enter the dollar amount of the discount offered by the company (10% off means you can either enter it as “=10%*F11” where Column F is the price or if you know the exact dollar amount, enter “$2”). If you have multiple discounts, enter a total discount value.
- Column I – SHIPPING — Enter the shipping charges for delivering the package. This is also an important part because one website may charge you $7 for shipping their $20 diaper pack, whereas another company may charge you only $4 for the same product (with same diaper count). Adding in the shipping cost will give you a true sense of how much in total you are spending on the package.
- Column J – TAX — Enter the tax amount given when you almost checkout (don’t pay yet, just calculate the tax!). If you do not know the exact tax, use approximate sales tax based on which state you live in (for example, 6% in PA, 6.25% in MA)
- Column K – TOTAL — Auto-calculated. This will give you a sum of all the charges so far (PRICE plus TAX minus DISCOUNT plus SHIPPING).
- Column L – PRICE PER DIAPER — Auto-calculated. This will tell you EXACTLY how much you are spending for each diaper, which is the BEST indicator of how much money you are spending and how much you are getting from each cent. This number needs to be as LOW as possible.
- Column M – NUMBER OF DIAPERS/ DOLLAR — Auto-calculated. This will tell you EXACTLY how much you are spending for each diaper, which is the BEST indicator of how much money you are spending and how much you are getting from each cent. This number needs to be as HIGH as possible.
Click the triangle for Price per Diaper to get sort options and click on “Sort Smallest to Largest”
The little arrow next to the triangle tells you that the sorting is done. The first row is showing you the best choice!